Alaveteli is our Freedom of Information platform: it underpins dozens of FOI sites around the world, including our own popular WhatDoTheyKnow.com.
Now we’re also offering the Alaveteli Pro add-on, a tool for journalists, campaigners, activists – and anyone who uses Freedom of Information in their work.
Alaveteli already makes it simple for everyone to send and track Freedom of Information requests. Alaveteli Pro brings an extra layer of functionality, including:
- The option to keep your requests private until your story is published, so you hold onto that scoop
- Batch requests, allowing you to gather and organise data from multiple authorities
- The ability to collaborate with colleagues on a single story or set of requests, and to annotate responses together
- Access to expert advice, optimising your requests’ chances of success
- Tagging and grouping of requests/responses to make research and analysis easier
- Training materials on the FOI Act and how to use it effectively
- Coming soon! The ‘Projects’ functionality: get help from your supporters in sorting through the data your FOI requests generate
Alaveteli Pro is available as a bolt-on option to any site already running on Alaveteli, and can be seen in operation on:
- The UK’s WhatDoTheyKnow Pro
- MaDada in France
- Ask the EU for Europe
- In the Czech Republic, Info Pro Všechny
- Handlingar for Sweden
- The Netherlands’ de Wob-Knop
- Transparencia in Belgium
- In Australia, Right to Know
Subscribe to updates from Alaveteli Pro
Feed into the development
Alaveteli Pro is still in active development, and we’re prototyping, testing and building additional features to help professional users of FOI. If you’re a journalist, campaigner or activist, we’d love to hear from you and offer you first try of some of these developments, in return for your feedback about what works for you, and what doesn’t.
Drop us a line