We’ve just released Alaveteli 0.9 – hopefully the last release before we upgrade to Rails 3. The last few months have meant a bunch of behind the scenes upgrades, bugfixes and refactorings to get us to this point – with some highlights being:
- Alaveteli now has better support for running entirely over SSL – as can be seen at WhatDoTheyKnow and the new Australian Right to Know site.
- Upgrade to HTML 5
- Preliminary support for running under ruby 1.9 (full support to come with the Rails 3 upgrade)
- Better isolation and testing of the mail handling code
- A more consistent admin user interface using Bootstrap by default
- Better support for responsive front end themes and sqlite on the back end
- A clearer and more consistent format for translations
Thanks to everyone who’s contributed!