What problem are you solving?:
Citizen political activity is in decline since the regime change, as well as the quality of public infrastructure.
Todomap is trying to get people involved in public business again in a constructive way.
Describe your idea:
Todomap has it’s inspiration from fixmystreet.com, but rather than getting most of things done by a central government, it is trying to focus on supporting and encouraging self-organization of citizens, while also giving good overview for the government about what citizens declare as high priority.
In todomap users will be able to
- submit issues to the database and rank issues submitted by others
- find registered issues based on location and other search criteria
- submit project plans and ask for support
- keep track of the events in their area using RSS feeds, e-mail notifications, IM protocols
- No central administration, content will be ranked by user votes only
Todomap is in early state of development and the source code is available at code.google.com.
What country will this operate in?: Hungary
Who are you?:
I am a citizen of Hungary and Europe with experience in software development.