UK Citizens Online Democracy (UKCOD), the registered charity that runs mySociety and its stable of democracy and community websites is seeking applications for the position of trustee.
The role of trustees is to:
* Ensure UKCOD fulfills its charitable objectives
* Oversee the work of mySociety and its projects
* Participate in strategy, policy and other discussions
* Ensure the moral integrity of mySociety
Trustees have legal obligations, detailed here on the Charity Commission website. Positions are unpaid, as required by law. Current trustees are often very practical volunteers: we are still small enough that simply being an extra pair of hands is required as much as strategic thinking. However, mySociety is now five years old, and at this critical time of uncertainty and opportunity in UK democracy, we are seeking to strengthen our board of trustees in various ways. This includes:
* Experience and networks within the philanthropic sector
* Diversity in gender, age and background
* Legal and financial qualifications
* Contacts within the forthcoming generation of MPs
* Statistical analysis skills
We are looking for passionate applicants who are keen to give the often substantial time required, generally more than five hours a month. Demands on time can be unpredictable and lumpy and input from trustees can be required outside of board meetings and occasionally on short notice. Face to face meetings are held in central London once a quarter. It is desirable that applicants can usually attend in person, however conference calling is possible.
Applications including CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Deadline 1st August 2009.