Are you the best coder you’ve ever met, or perhaps even the best you’ve ever heard of? Better than that, even? If so, you might just be good enough for us lift our weary mouse fingers to check out your CV.
NB Applicants with a sense of proportion, realism and modesty also warmly welcome.
This is a rare opportunity for an outstanding individual to join a small team of paid developers and volunteers that represents the greatest concentration of non-partisan democratic and civic coding talent found anywhere.
- World-class skills in one or more of PHP, Perl, Python or Ruby
- Substantial expertise in open source operating systems, databases, and version control
- Experience of working in a team with other programmers, contributing to project architecture
- Experience of accessible, standards-based web design
- Fanatical obsession with usability and making users happy
- Laziness, Impatience, Hubris
- Fascination with understanding how complex systems work, and satisfaction at mastering them quickly
- Self-starter, with the ability to manage own work and to work both at home, with colleagues, and with clients.
- ‘Completer-finisher’ personality, with track record of delivering projects to deadline
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Personal enthusiasm for mySociety’s goals, preferably manifested through actual web projects – see our FAQ for more details
Benefits and Salary
- Salary £33k+
- Opportunity to contribute to high-profile sites delivering real democratic and community benefits to citizens
- Substantial role working with major partners
- Opportunities to travel to political and media events in the UK and abroad
- mySociety is a virtual organisation, so hours and location are highly flexible
- Minimum 12 month commitment after probationary period
Submissions extended to 15th July 2009 looking for candidates willing to commence work by 1st September. Please send your application or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org including the word msjob in the subject line.