OpenTech on 5th July is an informal one-day conference about technology, society and low-carbon living, featuring Open Source ways of working and technologies that anyone can have a go at.
mySociety related sessions:
- mySociety session – more on time travel maps, and the launch of WhatDoTheyKnow.com, and a few other surprise announcements
- No2ID and Open Rights Group: State of the Nation
- Here’s the UK EFF
- Power to the People – One year one from the Power of Information Report
- …and much more
You can pre-register your £5 ticket now at www.ukuug.org/events/opentech2008/registration to allow you to jump the queue and pay your fiver on the door. The last two times we did this, we sold out in advance, so you are strongly advised to pre-register.
With 3 concurrent sessions, the line-up also features:
- Ben Laurie and friends on network security
- Danny O’Brien’s Living on the Edge
- AMEE, and Open Source Solar Heating
- Saving money and reducing carbon through Green IT
- Getting people involved with online media
- Competition to win a BUG
Totalling 60 talks across 3 sessions covering 9 hours, there’s plenty in the programme for everyone including Rembrandt, Pr0n and Robot Monkeys, and all that’s just in one session!
The full schedule is online
You can pre-register your ticket online now, to allow you to jump the queue and pay your fiver on the door. The last two times we did this, we sold out in advance, so you are strongly advised to pre-register.