To support the work of mySociety, you can make a donation to UK Citizens Online Democracy, mySociety’s parent charity (registered number 1076346) – just fill in one of the forms below.
Set up a regular monthly payment via PayPal
Make a one off donation via PayPal
Donate by BACS or set up a regular donation via Standing Order
Or you can send us a cheque (payable to UK Citizens Online Democracy please) in the post. Address it to mySociety, 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS.
Why should you donate? Here are some reasons:
- On average, 44% of people who use WriteToThem have never written to a politician ever before. mySociety shows that the net can connect normal people with the political process, not just extend the power of those already in the know.
- Over 2 million people visit TheyWorkForYou every year to get unbiased, uneditorialised information on what their MPs have been doing, saying and voting on.
- Every day Parliament is in session, thousands of people are sent personalised emails from TheyWorkForYou telling them what their MP said the day before, or showing them how an issue they care about was discussed.
- mySociety influences the way in which government and politicians use the net for the better. We’ve been told of politicians’ offices who have got better at responding to mail because of our WriteToThem league tables, and over 160 MPs have used HearFromYourMP to talk with their constituents.
- Over 200,000 problems have been reported via FixMyStreet.
- Over 115,000 Freedom of Information Requests have been raised via WhatDoTheyKnow.
We will use money donated to do all sorts of good things, including but not limited to:
- Building new sites
- Keeping the old ones working
- Handling support email
- Adding new features
- Advertising our sites
- Holding events for our volunteers
If you are a UK tax payer, please select the Gift Aid option – it means that we can reclaim the tax you have paid on your donations (currently 25p for each £1 you give), and it doesn’t cost you a penny extra. You must pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax at least equal to the tax that we’ll reclaim on your donations. More information about Gift Aid from HMRC.